Wellness Edit: Grounding Practice
During the back to school months, it can become easy to get lost in the rush of it all making us feel disconnected. This grounding meditation is a great way to bring awareness back into the body, back into the sense, and back into the present. these three things - the body, the sense and the present are the keys to reigniting creativity, passion, love, connection, peace, and wellbeing.
1. Find a comfortable sitting posture. Your back should be straight and your body relaxed.
2. Close your eyes, and take ten slow, deep, full breaths. With each exhale, imagine that you are breathing out all your worries and cares.
3. Continuing to breathe deeply, concentrate on feeling your feet. simply see if you can feel the sensations in the bottoms of your feet. Do this before moving on to the next step.
4. Now see if you can feel the sensations in your hands can you feel your palms tingling?
5. Keep breathing deeply. Continue to feel the sensations in your hands and feet. Do this for ten slow breaths.
6. Now see if you can feel the sensations in your whole body. Let your awareness cover your entire body at once. Feel yourself breathing. Do this for 10 more breaths.
7. Continue this for as long as you like, or at least 5 minutes.