It's no secret that domestic abuse has increased in lockdown, create awareness, help someone escape their secret today.
Natural x Lab in Support with Solace Women's Aid
Building safe lives and strong futures for women and girls.
Whatever form violence comes in, from rape and trafficking to relationships based on psychological or financial control, Solace works to end it. Knowing that escaping violence can be the hardest thing they ever do. That’s why it's so important they're here.
Women and girls are experiencing violence and abuse right now.
- 28% of women have experienced domestic abuse in the UK since the age of 16
- 85,000 women are raped in England and Wales every year
- 59% of girls and young women aged 13-21 faced some form of sexual harassment at school or college in the past year
- 1 in 10 of all recorded offences in London are domestic abuse-related.
- Last year reports of rape and sexual assault in London rose by 20%
Help us put an end to it.
- Solace has worked with 22,816 women and children across their services
- They run 22 refuges with space for 178 families.
- 93% of service users reported that the service helped them to feel safer
- 96% of service users would recommend the service to a friend or relative
- Solace supported 442 women with No Recourse to Public Funds (NRPF) over the last year
- Our free advice line takes over 200 calls each week
- Solace provided 752 women & children with refuge accommodation and supported accommodation
- Our volunteers contributed 12,024 hours of voluntary support
(All figures above are based on our work in 2018/19 - there has been a reported 20% increase in calls about sexual abuse since the locked only a few weeks ago)