Learn Something New
While it's important to do what we can to maintain our mental health during the current situation, we believe we can do better than just maintain. We often think of learning being important for children, making sure they develop skills and understanding about the world in order to propel them through adulthood. However, it is just as important to keep learning throughout life in order to boost our mental health and wellbeing. Why not use this time in lockdown to grow, cultivate your interests and learn something new.
Here are a list of 5 platforms to explore:
1. Future Learn- Explore hundreds of online courses with Future Learn, whether you want to develop as a professional or discover a new hobby, there is a course for you. The platform is also a great way of connecting with like minded individuals all over the world through the discussions and comment system. Recommend: Understanding Sustainability in Luxury Fashion with Keyring
2. General Assembly- The platform is a pioneer in education and career transformation with a huge variety of online courses and workshops specializing in todays most in demand skills. Since lockdown, they have produced daily webinars on relevant business development tools like digital marketing introductions, how to use adobe photoshop, social media storytelling etc.
3. Business of Fashion- Although the Business of Fashion is not an educational platform, since lockdown the company have started online panel talks and webinars on how the fashion industry will survive after Covid which might spark some interest, they certainly have for me.
4. Skill Share- Known as the 'Netflix' for learning online, Skill share is a great platform to keep your brain ticking over with thousands of daily classes in design, business, illustration, tech, film, creative writing and more.
5. Cousera- Cousera provides hundreds of free online courses giving access to on demand lectures, homework exercises, and community discussion forums led by top universities around the world. As well as numerous free courses, paid courses provide course certifications and online degrees.